Entrusting the electrical wiring of your home or business to a low voltage contractor is not a decision made lightly. Rely on Preferred Electric to assess, diagnose and repair all your electrical needs, provide maintenance to any electrical system, conduct inspections and provide documentation to ensure your home or business is in compliance with regulatory codes.
- A simple application process, and fast credit decisions
- Unsecured, revolving credit lines
- Promotional financing options1
- Convenient monthly payment options
- Online account management
Preferred Electric electrical services
Preferred Electric provides residential and commercial electrical services from a qualified and licensed company specializing in services that include:
Preferred Electric provides residential and commercial electrical services from a qualified and licensed company specializing in lighting installations and other services that include:Contact Us
- Commercial- New construction and Service calls
- Residential - New construction and Service calls
- Hot tub and spa electrical
- Well & Septic System repairs
- Solar systems- Off-Grid and Grid Interactive
- Electric Furnace Repairs
- Residential and Commercial Exterior lighting
- Motor Controls
- Irrigation systems
- 3 Phase Systems
- Standby generators
Electrical Services Provided by Preferred Electric:
Fully insured and bonded, Preferred Electric electricians are available on call, 24/7, for emergency repairs when prompt response to any electrical emergency is crucial. Call us for immediate assistance in the case of any suspected power problems.
- Electric outlets and circuits installation
- Well & Septic system Repairs
- Commercial Service Repairs
- LED lighting installation
- Electrical wiring – Interior/Exterior
- Specialty indoor and outdoor lighting
- Ceiling fan installation
- Electrical panel upgrades
- Circuit breaker replacements
- Power surge suppressor
- Large Irrigation systems
- Motor Controls
- Surge protection
- Electric heating repairs
- 3 Phase Systems
- Electrical Retrofitting
- Emergency electrical
- Rewiring service
- Commercial lighting
Why are the lights in my home flickering?
This may just be the lightbulb. Check that the light bulb is properly screwed in and if there is no difference, then replace the bulb. Is it still flickering? This is an indication that there is a loose wire which should be handled as soon as possible. If you can, try to not use the light until the electrician arrives as loose wires can lead to fires and/or personal injury.
How do I reset a breaker?
When looking at your electrical panel there should be one switch that is not aligned with the others. If you look closely it should show that it is in the off position. To turn the breaker back on you will need to push the breaker towards the off position first and then turn it back towards the on position. The breaker should click back into alignment with the rest others.
What is a GFCI outlet?
Standing for “ground fault circuit interrupter”, a GFCI is an extra safety measure to protect people from potential electrocution. GFCI are used in bathrooms, kitchens, unfinished basements and any place where the outlet may come in contact with water. The outlet has a mechanism that will turn off the circuit if it detects electricity going down the incorrect path, for example through water or a person.